ABS 200 Week 5 Final Paper Applied Psychology (Clinical Depression—3000 words) NEW
Applied Psychology – From Theory to Practice. Due by Day 7. The final assignment for this course is a Final Paper. The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by applying concepts to a specific case study.
The Final Paper should demonstrate understanding of concepts addressed across the course as applied to a selected case study. This type of project will be important as you continue with and complete your program because the skill sets of applying your knowledge will be of great use to you when you are ready to go out into the job market and/or apply them to your daily life.
To begin, review the case study you selected in Week One of the course. Remember, you must use this case study. Pay special attention to the topic you selected and the area from which you will draw your research on the topic as noted in the title of the case study. For example, if you selected Case Study #1, you would explore the topic of severe depression from the clinical psychology perspective. If you selected Case Study #5, you would explore motivation from the industrial organizational psychology perspective.
Next, research the chosen topic using scholarly resources and craft a thesis statement regarding your selected topic. For assistance with creating a thesis statement, utilize the Thesis Generator tool on the Ashford University Writing Center website. Your paper must contain at least six references from scholarly sources that are cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Examples of scholarly sources include peer reviewed journal articles, research studies, professional websites with authored material, and government websites. Popular Internet sites (Wikipedia, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.) are not considered scholarly sources. For further assistance in determining whether or not a site is scholarly, please access the Evaluating Web Resources tutorial on the Ashford University Library website.
In a well-developed eight- to ten-page paper address the following criteria for the case study you selected in Week One and outlined in Week Three. See the attached ABS200 Case Study List to review the case studies.
• Define applied behavioral science and the area of psychology from which the case study is explored.
• Identify and describe the potential source(s) and/or cause(s) of the issue that is/are relevant to the selected case study (e.g., genetic, environmental, social, cultural, organizational).
• Examine the case study by applying one psychological theory of your choice.
• Describe scientific research that is relevant to your selected case study. Include past and current findings and note any key changes.
• Identify and describe any relevant trends in working with your intended population.
• Detail a suggested plan of action for moving forward including advantages and disadvantages.
• Specify what you would do to build rapport with the clients in the selected case study.
• State ethical considerations that are relevant to this case.
About this question:
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card. All your purchases are securely protected by .