Course Resource Booklet (Final Submission Due)
Child Welfare Advocates have many resources available to them to assist those in need. The key is to know what resources are available. This assignment will require students to create resources on local and child welfare social services and present in a booklet format. This will be an ongoing course project as you learn about new resources in each module. As you continue with your classes, you may even choose to add additional resources.
- Module 1 — Course Resource Project assigned
- Module 2 — Submit for instructor feedback – non-graded. Students will submit the title page, introduction and one agency description in Module 2 for purposes of non-graded feedback.
- Module 5 — Final Course Resource project due
- Students will create a booklet that compiles information for twelve different agencies. The twelve agencies must represent the following categories of general services. No category can be eliminated.
- Adult Assistance — include one agency that specializes in helping the homeless
- Child Development — include one agency that specializes in helping those in poverty
- Family Support Services — include one resource on family violence
- Health — include one agency that specializes in helping those with addiction
- Legal — include the Guardian Ad Litem program
- Mental Health
- Each category should include:
- A maximum of two agency resources for each category.
- No more than one state agency may be included in each category.
- Do not use the same agency more than once.
- Agencies should be alphabetized by category.
- Students should work on the Course Resource Booklet each module so they have a cumulative booklet ready for submission. Do not wait until the last minute.
- Each local agency resource should include the following information. Use headings for components, as needed. (See sample page attached.)
- Name of Agency
- Agency address (Domestic Violence shelters may use outreach center)
- Website URL
- Hours of Operation
- Agency Description of 150 to 175 words. This part of the resource booklet must be written and paraphrased in paragraph format and must include the following information: (1.5 spacing for submission to instructor)
- Mission/Purpose of the resource
- Populations Served
- Specific Type of Services
- Eligibility Requirements
- One strength and one limitation of the agency or its services
- The final booklet should include:
- A Title Page
- Table of Contents
- An introduction with a statement of purpose and definition of child welfare
- Use paragraph form for agency description, strength and limitations of resource
- Agency information should be alphabetized and spaced at 1.5
- Use Times New Roman, size 12 font
- Include page numbers
- Be visually appealing and professional in appearance
- Submit your document to Turnitin®. Turnitin® will tell you if you have copied text from other sources without proper citations. It will also assist you with grammar and spelling. Documents with more than twenty percent will be penalized. Turnitin, an integrated plagiarism tool, will be used to screen all writing assignment submissions for this course. After you have reviewed the instructions and the rubric, complete your submission using the Turnitin Tool below. For assistance using the Turnitin Tool, please reference this guide on submitting a paper through Turnitin (Links to an external site.).
- Module 2 — There is an assignment link where you are required to submit your initial work from module 2 for feedback. Students will submit the title page, the introduction, and one agency description in module 2 for purposes of non-graded feedback.
- Module 5 — The Final Course Resource Booklet is due. Submit using the assignment link.
About this question:
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card. All your purchases are securely protected by .
Need a new homework/assignment/essay help? Please order, it's fast, easy and fun. Turnaround: 1-4 hours